Welcome to the EFTEON website
The Expanded Freshwater and Terrestrial Environmental Observation Network
A modular, highly-networked, environmental research infrastructure.
EFTEON aims to provide and operate a network of instrumented landscape-level platforms for the South African environmental research community, focused on socially-relevant terrestrial landscapes and their coupled hydrological systems.
Landscape Data Products
- Remote sensing is the acquisition of information about an object or phenomenon from a distance, for example, satellite or aircraft-based sensor technologies.
- Continuous time-series data meteorological parameters hydrological parameters fluxes (Exchange of Energy, Water and Carbon)
- Social-ecological surveys,
- Biodiversity indicators,
- Records of disturbances (floods, droughts, pests) and
- Selected chemical analyses (soil, water and vegetation).